| Living Water Simon Dewey |
God is so good to lead us out of darkness. This leading is never by force. Only if we reach out and take His hand through prayer and scripture study, can we take advantage of this gift. Because He hasn't left us to our own devices and has given us His Word, the guide book of life, we have no excuse for walking in the dark on any subject. Surely we might rationalize or attempt to excuse ignorance, but this will not spare us the consequences.
"For of him unto whom much is given much is required; and he who sins against the greater light shall receive the greater condemnation." Doctrine and Covenants 82:3
It's odd. In times of sadness or other negative emotions, I turn away from this light. Satan knows my weaknesses and uses them to misdirect me. God also knows my weaknesses but wants me to let Him turn them into strengths. So if God is there to build me up, why do I choose to hide my face from Him in difficult times?
"For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes." fountains of Revelations 7:17
No comments:
Post a Comment
Reading the scriptures and keeping this journal are my delight. I do not keep an online journal to preach to anyone but myself. I like this format, because I can add pictures and correct my writing easier. If you enjoy reading it, I am happy. If you feel offended, please, realize it is not my intention to offend but to teach myself. No negative comments will not be published.