"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Sunday, September 5, 2010

hope and happiness-journal #42 9/5/2010

View from Roosevelt Meadow


Oakley
On my mind
Montessori moments with Grands...hope for the future...13th anniversary of the last time Katie walked out our door....

Celebrate
Park Discovery

Keeping a Home
Pantry Principle area 4

Deliciousness 

Huge salads every day featuring our homegrown tomatoes...

Toward Real Education 
As a couples project, J and I are studying all the book recommendations in Evaluating Books: What Would Thomas Jefferson Think About This?, and we're reading aloud The Alchemist.

Toward Rhythm and Beauty
workable plan for our future goal of growing most of our own food from How to Grow More Vegetables and Fruits Than You Ever Thought Possible on Less Land Than You Can ImagineThese people grow enough food for four adults on a small city lot. So can we...




Bee News
our bees are beautiful...

Garden Gate
discovered that sunflower stocks are a wonderful ingredient in compost...I've got lots of them...after we harvest the broccoli this week, we'll begin double digging our beds for next year....we're going to take out the current bushes in the back to make room for 6 espalier cherries...frozen cherries are exceptional in green smoothies...

Apothecary News
it's hard to bite your tongue, when you know how to treat something and people won't listen...my mom is great to listen...many others think I'm a crackpot...

Biblo Fix 
The Mainspring of Human Progress, Target Switzerland: Swiss Armed Neutrality in WWII, and Herbs: Partners in Life...taking time for two of my main interests history and herbs...I'm going to spend a bit of time re-reading all my Montessori books as well...

Appearance
still in my favorite flannel gown and bare feet with bed head

Scripture Meditations 
"And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. "  Joshua 24:15

Praying For
This week our grandone of the week is Tyson the Great, a cherished grandson.  Not only is he absolutely beautiful, he's a sweet, happy boy, who loves trains and playing outdoors. Sadly, we've missed seeing this cutey this summer. I pray that children all over the world will be as loved and blessed as he is. I pray he will adjust quickly to his new home.

What's Coming
...getting back to studying and writing...
 
Simple Pleasure 
...snuggling grandones...

Images From My Life
Bruner Bunch
 

Three of my dear grandones Oakley, Claire, and Cole on the tramp with a view of my weedy blue flower bed...

 Commitment to Loveliness
seriously need to get out and clean up the beds...after traveling they are a mess...


Study Journal
No journal this week...stay tuned for developments...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading the scriptures and keeping this journal are my delight. I do not keep an online journal to preach to anyone but myself. I like this format, because I can add pictures and correct my writing easier. If you enjoy reading it, I am happy. If you feel offended, please, realize it is not my intention to offend but to teach myself. No negative comments will not be published.