"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.
Paradigm Shift
“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.
Monday, March 5, 2012
the path
2 Nephi 31:1–18 The next three chapters are Nephi's final writings. He didn't want to end his life before he “speak concerning the doctrine of Christ” (2 Nephi 31:2).
Nephi spoke of Jesus’ baptism (2 Nephi 31:4). Jesus was baptized to fulfill all righteousness 2 Nephi 31:5. Jesus fulfilled all righteousness, because all are commanded to be baptized by water. Even though He was without sin, He needed to fulfill the law and submit to the will of the Father 2 Nephi 31:6–7.
Jesus showed us by example exactly how to be baptized 2 Nephi 31:9. We need to be baptized to be worthy to receive the Holy Ghost as a constant companion, to gain a rimmison of sins, to enter the gate for the path to eternal life, speak with the tongues of angels, and to receive membership in His church 2 Nephi 31:13, 17 and Doctrine and Covenants 20:37, 71–74.
President Boyd K. Packer taught: “The Holy Ghost speaks with a voice that you feel more than you hear. It is described as a ‘still small voice’” (in Conference Report, Oct. 1994, 77; or Ensign, Nov. 1994, 60).
I am grateful my parents allowed me to be baptized. It didn't bring me a perfect life but set me on the path towards peace and joy. In times of difficulty or confusion, I can rely on the Holy Ghost to inspire and direct. This has been the basis of the peace and joy I feel in spite of the limitations of earth life.
