"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Friday, August 13, 2010

forever changed



"According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him that hath called us to glory and virtue: Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust. And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue: and to virtue knowledge; and to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; and to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity. For if these be found in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. But he that lacketh these things is blind and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins." 2 Peter 1:3-9

According to these verses, God gave us all things for life and godliness in His Word. He calls us back to Him by means of spiritual memories of dignity, honor, and moral excellence. and virtue. He asks us to strive to live with dignity, honor, and moral excellence. Tall order, no? Further on He tells just how to achieve glory and virtue. He's so good to include these directions in our divine instruction manual.

Like all of God's commandments, it comes with a promise. Partake of divine nature and escape worldly corruption. We need to want Him, want to believe in Him, strive to follow His commandments, try to be like Him. Doing this, we become partakers of His divine nature; we become divine. Since all of us seek joy and peace, isn't it smart to follow the directions? If we do, our lives will be forever changed from pessimism to optimism, from sadness to happiness, from chaos to calm, from contention to charity. Try it! You'll like it! I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading the scriptures and keeping this journal are my delight. I do not keep an online journal to preach to anyone but myself. I like this format, because I can add pictures and correct my writing easier. If you enjoy reading it, I am happy. If you feel offended, please, realize it is not my intention to offend but to teach myself. No negative comments will not be published.