"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Sunday, August 22, 2010

a regular where?

This would be perfect on the beach.


On my mind
botany...medicine...teaching...family...sand...sun...beaches...

Celebrate
Happy 55 my dear sweet man...2 sewing projects complete...DCs ear routine is working...

Keeping a Home
Pantry Principle area 3...our vacuum died last week...our carpets are very linty, but at least there is no dog hair...how to save for a vac, when we didn't expect this and paying bookoo bucks to fix our leaking basement. The old vac was only about 2 years old. Arrrrggghhh!

Deliciousness 
Used our last eggplants for a final pot of Ratatouille...eating all the melons we can get our hands on...the season is fleeting

Toward Real Education 
scholar schedule keeps me on track...I'm really enjoying my scholars, who are working towards CLEP and DSST exams through classics and truth...the Puritan work ethic is alive and well in my neck of the woods...

Toward Rhythm and Beauty
meals on time....sheets washed on Mondays....order and systems are so freeing...

Bee News
hope to extract honey this week...

Garden Gate
sunflowers galore but not much in the veggie department

Apothecary News
Made a tincture of lobelia, comfrey, cayenne, myrrh, garlic, and white oak bark for treatment of infections inside and out...echinacia tincture will be ready to decant Tuesday....making a black walnut, lobelia, and elderberry tincture for a class project. Making medicine has to be one of my favorite occupations at present. Amazingly, I'm getting to be a regular at the liquor store, know right where they keep the scotch and everclear, but will never get used to walking into such a place. 

Biblo Fix  
The Sustainable Vegetable Garden great read for those who want to grow all their own food...which I do...How to Grow More Vegetables and Frutis Than You Ever Thought Possible on Less Land Than You C an Imagine is up next in my que...

Appearance
still in my favorite flannel gown and bare feet with bed head

Scripture Meditations 
"And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. "  Joshua 24:15

Praying For
This week our grandone of the week is Princess Sammy, a dear granddaughter.  Look at the light in her eyes! She's a sweet, happy girl, who loves princesses and playing outdoors. I can't wait to see her this week to celebrate b-day #4. I pray that children all over the world will be as loved and blessed as she is.

What's Coming
...smoothies with Sammy...
 
Simple Pleasure 
...Friday Date Night well really afternoon...

Images From My Life
 

My sunflower patch...the birds and bees are loving it as am I...

 Commitment to Loveliness
family meeting to discuss the proliferation of stuff...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading the scriptures and keeping this journal are my delight. I do not keep an online journal to preach to anyone but myself. I like this format, because I can add pictures and correct my writing easier. If you enjoy reading it, I am happy. If you feel offended, please, realize it is not my intention to offend but to teach myself. No negative comments will not be published.