"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Thursday, August 19, 2010

so what! sew what?



This morning I tried to get dressed and not worry that my clothes were literally falling off. Although I hate spending money, I felt a bit of envy or something looking at the Pendleton catalog that came in the mail yesterday. Pendleton classics fit my style. Considering the splurge, I looked at the prices; everything was over $100. So I brooded.

Then I got irritated with myself. For heaven's sake, I have a cabinet full of fabric. Getting to work, I pulled out a dusty, mid-blue, cotton polka-dot and an embroidered, navy corduroy. While I wanted to make the cute skirts from the vogue catalog, my new quest required spending no additional money. Instead I got out Sew What Skirts for some inspiration and combed my notions drawer. The dot is now an A-line with an eyelet underskirt. The cord is fun and functional, A-line as well. Easy peasy! Only 2 hours of my time and they fit like they were made for me. Oh, yah, they were.

Now I'm inspired to make something out of the gorgeous midnight blue silk that Emily got in Hong Kong. I don't need to spend $12 for the Vogue--I'll can make it with what I've learned from Sew What Skirts and my imagination. I'm going to experiment with a couple of Joseph's suits as well. Since he's lost so much weight, we have a few nice wool suits just waiting to be turned into something new.

1 comment:

  1. We made the girls wrap around skirts using the instructions in this book. It's so easy!

    ReplyDelete

Reading the scriptures and keeping this journal are my delight. I do not keep an online journal to preach to anyone but myself. I like this format, because I can add pictures and correct my writing easier. If you enjoy reading it, I am happy. If you feel offended, please, realize it is not my intention to offend but to teach myself. No negative comments will not be published.