"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Friday, August 20, 2010

spend some energy searching for God

"Yea, if thou criest after knowledge, and liftest up thy voice for understanding;If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hidden treasures; Then shalt thou understand the fear of the Lord, and find the knowledge of God. for the Lord giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:3-6

We must pray and read and study to understand why we need to respect God. From this verse, I'm led to believe that not only must we ask God for answers, we must do our part to get those answers. However that does not seem to mean that we must be independent of God and simply inform Him of our decisions. It is hard to come up with right decisions, because so much of our lives depend on making right choices.

I'm thinking about an Albert Marrin book about Henry Morgan called The Terror of the Spanish Main. (I love Albert Marrin books.) It amazes me what the Spanish and English did in pursuit of earthly treasure. Why did they not spend some of this energy searching for God? Why don't we?

It is only if we take the time to search, ponder, and pray that we will understand God's Word and Will. God possesses all wisdom and all knowledge but will only share it with us if we are willing to pay the price to get it. "Teach ye diligently and my grace shall attend you, that you may be instructed more perfectly in theory, in principle, in doctrine, in the law of the gospel, in all things that pertain unto the kingdom of God, that are expedient for you to understand; Of things both in heaven and in the earth, and under the earth; things which have been, things which are, things which must shortly come to pass; things which are at home, things which are abroad; the wars and the perplexities of the nations, and the judgments which are on the land; and a knowledge also of countries and of kingdoms—That ye may be prepared in all things when I shall send you again to magnify the calling whereunto I have called you, and the mission with which I have commissioned you." Doctrine and Covenants 88:78-80 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading the scriptures and keeping this journal are my delight. I do not keep an online journal to preach to anyone but myself. I like this format, because I can add pictures and correct my writing easier. If you enjoy reading it, I am happy. If you feel offended, please, realize it is not my intention to offend but to teach myself. No negative comments will not be published.