![]() |
| I miss these days... |
On my mind
strange cool weather...didn't summer just begin?
Celebrate
video shoots going remarkably well...this is going to be wonderful...really wonderful...just call me Martha Stewart...one interview to go...amazingly the passport came in 10 days without expediting...my eyes are getting stronger. I thought they were getting worse until I opened Herbal Home Health Care again yesterday. When I got it in January, I could not read the reflexology chart in the back--now I CAN!
Keeping a Home
Pantry Principle area 2
Deliciousness
California Creamed Kale from Eat for Health
....we finally found a way to eat kale that everyone likes-even Joseph...everyone loved it...it pairs beautifully with the remake of our old favorite Lima Gratin...of course I changed the kale like I do all recipes, therefore I write it here so as not to forget.
California Creamed Kale ala Little Ginger
2 bunches kale, washed thoroughly, sliced 1/4-1/8 inch ribbons
1 onion, pureed
2 stalks celery, pureed
1 c. unsweetened soy or nut milk, heated to steaming
1 c. raw cashews
California Creamed Kale ala Little Ginger
2 bunches kale, washed thoroughly, sliced 1/4-1/8 inch ribbons
1 onion, pureed
2 stalks celery, pureed
1 c. unsweetened soy or nut milk, heated to steaming
1 c. raw cashews
Dry saute onion and celery until reduced to a thick paste. Put in blender with milk and nuts, processing until smooth and creamy. Steam kale and squeeze out excess liquid. Toss kale and sauce. Serve immediately.
Lima Gratin
2 c. dried lima beans, soaked and slow cooked until soft
1 red bell pepper, minced
2 stocks celery, minced
1/4 c. fresh basil or parsley
1/2 t. dried thyme
3 oz. silken tofu, pureed with yeast and cayenne
2 T. nutritional yeast
dash cayenne
Mix all ingredients and put in casserole. Bake at 350F for 30-45 min.
Toward Real Education
I loved listening to 8 hours of lecture from dear departed Dr. Christopher this week.
Toward Rhythm and Beauty
enjoying the freedom and order created by my playbook...
Bee News
they're liking my sunflower patch.
Garden Gate
lots of zucchini and yellow squash, eggplant slowing down, tomatoes may not ripen with the cool weather, lots of hot peppers for cayenne tincture and salsa..
Biblo Fix
Reading Huckleberry Finn with my scholars...Landmark Herodotus is indeed much more readable.
Reading Huckleberry Finn with my scholars...Landmark Herodotus is indeed much more readable.
Appearance
black peasant skirt, purple peasant top, black ballerina flats, same wavy hair and minimal jewelry
Scripture Meditations
"And again verily I say unto you, all wholesome herbs God hath ordained for the constitution, nature , and use of man." Doctrine and Covenants 89:10
Praying For
This week our grandone of the week is Princess Gayle, our oldest granddaughter. Look at that face! She's a sweet heart, a happy girl, and loves princesses. Since she'll be going off to kindergarten this year, I pray that she will be safe, happy, healthy, and be blessed with a loving, competent teacher. I pray that her parents can help her through this transition. I pray that the world will be a safe place for her and the people she meets, as she goes out into a bigger world, will be good and kind. I pray that children all over the world will be as loved and blessed as she is.
What's Coming
...the last of the summer adventures...
Simple Pleasure
...walking at dawn and dusk with my sweetie...
Images From My Life
It's been a love/hate relationship with old Gertrude, my 300 year old French violin. I love the way she sings. I hate the way I can't help her do this anymore. I love the spiritual quality of music. I hate the way my neck hurts after a practice session. I'm so sad that playing the violin is in my past. I tried and tried over the last 5 or 6 years to get it back, but it's not going to happen. So Gertrude will become a beloved memory, as she waits to bless the life of one of our granddaughters or great granddaughters. I'm still not giving up on the piano but that may soon follow.Moral-nag all young adults to continue their instruments or they will loose every thing they worked to achieve.
Commitment to Loveliness
new shoes....new shoes...new shoes!!!!I won't be wearing sandals this winter! I'm hoping to make this skirt (Vogue 7937)
in a mid-calf length and some of its variations in denim and light weight wool for winter. I have no clothes that fit--one of the benefits of weight loss.



No comments:
Post a Comment
Reading the scriptures and keeping this journal are my delight. I do not keep an online journal to preach to anyone but myself. I like this format, because I can add pictures and correct my writing easier. If you enjoy reading it, I am happy. If you feel offended, please, realize it is not my intention to offend but to teach myself. No negative comments will not be published.