"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.
Paradigm Shift
“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.
Saturday, August 14, 2010
low-heating grains for vitality
We had a pile of boys to feed this morning. I knew it was coming, so I made spicy, low-heated, wheat and apple cereal. Finally, I discovered a good way of low heating grains, where they don't taste like little rocks or burn up miserably. The point behind low heating is that they have not been heated hot enough to kill the vitality, meaning they will still sprout. Here's how you do it.
Soak 1-3 c. whole grain-rice, kamut, spelt, soft wheat, millet (don't soak first), rye, oats, etc. in distilled water from morning to night. At 9:00 pm, rinse and put in a rice cooker on the warm setting with twice as much distilled water as grain plus spices (cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, allspice, cardamon, and a little ginger). It will be done and fluffy in the morning. Add chopped fresh or dried fruit or berries and sunflower seeds.
Grains can be cooked this way with savory spices, herbs, and aromatic vegetables for pilaf as well. For weight loss keep consumption of whole grains to less than 1 c. per day, making water, greens, beans, and fruit your main focus.I need to add a bit more grains to my morning routine of a quart of green smoothie, since I don't want to lose any more weight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Reading the scriptures and keeping this journal are my delight. I do not keep an online journal to preach to anyone but myself. I like this format, because I can add pictures and correct my writing easier. If you enjoy reading it, I am happy. If you feel offended, please, realize it is not my intention to offend but to teach myself. No negative comments will not be published.