"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Sunday, November 27, 2011

the Lord is on my side

Sunday School Lesson...1 John 2:28–29; 3:1–2; 4:7–19; 5:1, 11–15. Because He provided a Savior, Heavenly Father showed love for His earthly children. 1 John 1:7–9; 2:1–2; 3:5–8, 16; 5:11–13. Submitting to the atoning sacrifice, Jesus demonstrated his love for us and enabled us to be with our Father in Heaven again. 1 John 2:3–17; 3:9–24; 4:4–21; 5:1–10; 2 John; 3 John. When we obey the Father's word, we show our love for Him and Jesus Christ and bring them joy."If ye love me, keep my commandments." John 14:15 "I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth." 3 John 1:4

Praying For...the happiness and joy of my children...Samantha and Jason...the inhabitants of the earth will put down their weapons of war and learn of the ways of peace...

Sound of Music...working on Be Still My Soul...with all the craziness in my life, it is nice to be reminded that Jesus is on my side...

Bibliophilia...Still working on Richard Maybury's Library and following the leads he gives. Although I am glad to revisit this, it is a bit depressing. Also, I don't follow his ideas blindly 100%. For the most part, he is right on. Reading lots of books on no-weed/no-work gardening and how to combine these ideas with permiculture and rainwater harvesting--Rosalind Creasy, Ruth Stout, Brad Lancaster. Want to get Robert Kourik's Designing and Maintaining Your Edible Landscape Naturally.

The Herbalist...discovered veggie capsules are made with gluten containing grains so will go back to making tinctures...this explains why so many things get better, when I'm on the herbs but some things get worse...I'll miss the convenience of pre-made capsules.

Garden Gate...people are still delivering bags of leaves, which is wonderful. Stockpiling a free source of garden mulch is much more doable than hauling a bale of expensive hay at a time in the back of my Echo. Expecting a new espalier apple any day. We have been disappointed that we moved the others to the back. Plus, we love apples so much, we don't think another tree is a bad idea at all. An edible landscape is delightful to me.

Pantry...having a great time with my bug out kit experiment...I would sure rather eat the semi-gourmet fare from Vegan Unplugged than a little pack of cup of soup. I looked at all the 72-hour kit food lists and felt hungry just reading the lists. Certainly, anyone could survive 3 days on white flour, salt, and sugar. However, the piddly amounts allowed is appalling. Even a 2-year-old would cry from hunger on the meager rations.  It's fun re-stocking the pantry, too.

Cuchina Fresca...finished a batch of onion sprouts...it's amazing how long it takes them to grow...

Project Joy...got some wonderful mugs for my daily lemon infusion...many things that are too private to share...happy holiday with the Hollingsheads...not too much trouble with arthritis-distilled water is working quickly...