"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Friday, May 11, 2012

My Garden Doctor



Bibliophile Report-Gardens can heal.  Sure there are medicinal herbs, but I'm talking about the way playing in the dirt can heal the soul and bring new life back to a person. This winter I read, My Garden Doctor, a delightful book about an invalid, who turned her back on illness and transformed herself as she transformed her wild mountain land.  Because I love to garden, and because I've been so terribly sick since moving to Utah, I hoped this idea would be the catalyst to recharge both my mind and body. Although I know eating better and believing God's promises the biggest difference, I know digging and dreaming of a beautiful garden are doing their part. The characters in the book are as delightful as the hopeful message. Companion planting, organic fertilizing, and building cold frames are some of the techniques explored in the book. But mostly it is full of faith in the body's natural ability to heal itself, according to God's will. All in all it's a wonderful, quick read.