"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

yarrow to the rescue

The other day the glass covering a large watercolor in my home broke. I cleaned out the glass and carried the shards to the can. On the way there, the glass decided to brake again and pierce my finger deeply. When I saw the fat poking out of the gash, I knew I had a job to do. Setting down the glass, I calmly walked into the house to my herbarium and called hubby. By now the gash was bleeding quite heavily. Looking for my cayenne tincture, I told hubby to get me some paper toweling. Alas, the tincture is in UT, while I am in AZ. What herbs to use now?! 

I pawed through the stash and grabbed some dried yarrow, Achillea millefolium, also good for stemming the flow of blood. Although it was dried and pokey, it worked. Within seconds the bleeding ceased. I topped my pokey yarrow poultice with TCB tincture and a band-aide.  Later, I couldn't stand the uncomfortable little yarrow twigs any longer, undid the band-aide, and removed the yarrow. Mistake...immediately, the thing sprung a leak and blood dripped down my hand. OK...OK...I put on a new pokey yarrow poultice until morning. After 3 days, the gash is nearly healed

Gotta love them herbs. Next on the agenda...make some cayenne and yarrow tinctures.