"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Friday, January 18, 2013

nothing especially new

Praying for Quinn, who had his 4th birthday and Cole our oldest grandchild. I hope and pray with pure faith that God will keep them save from harm and allow them to experience the innocence that is supposed to be childhood. I pray for orphaned and homeless children that some how, some way they will find safety, plenty, love, and happiness.

Dr. Ginger, Medicine Woman...so...God gave the world the Word of Wisdom in 1833, namely that fruits, vegetables, and seeds are for the food of man with meat to be used sparingly if plant foods aren't available because of famine or winter shortages. These foods build the immune system and heal the body from disease. Science is now confirming these truths. In my own little incurables experiment, I learned that plants have amazing healing abilities. In just 2 months and 11 days, my wheat intolerance seems to be gone. I can actually take the sacrament without fear of an allergic reaction this Sunday! True other allergies remain, but this is a huge step forward. The naturopath said it would take years to heal the damage in my gut, but my body has other plans. Still, I don't see myself consuming much wheat as fruits and vegetables supercharge my energy banks. But...if need arises, I know my wheat will be useful for more than feeding the neighbors. Sprouted, low-heated wheat makes a delicious, filling, nutritious food.

Bibliophile...Finally got a chance to sit down with Rosemary Gladstar's Medicinal Herbs which I got several weeks ago and is a fun and informative read. ALSO made a second batch of her famous face and body cream, tweaking it into my own recipe: 3/8 c. apricot kernel oil, 3/8 c. sweet almond oil, 1/8 c. cocoa butter, 1/8 c. coconut oil, 1/2 oz. bees wax, and 8 oz. calendula hydrosol or distilled water. Any of these oils can be substituted with other natural, cold pressed oils such as kukui, olive, grape seed, avocado oil, macadamia oil, mango butter, shea butter, etc. Melt wax, butter, and oils over a double boiler. Let cool, mixing every now and then, until creamy. Pour into the blender. Turn speed on high and slowly drizzle hydrosol or water into the running blender until all has been absorbed and the cream clunks agains the side of the blender. Add 25 drops essential oil (or not) and blend briefly to combine. Put in small jars and refrigerate overnight. Usually, I fill 4-5 4 oz. canning jars and store the unopened ones in the back of the fridge until needed. Clean out the blender with a cloth, using the saturated cloth to oil wood furniture. I also use minute amounts of this cream on my long hair as a leave-in conditioner. It works fantastically from head to toe especially on cracked heals.

Cucina Fresca...the Miso Broccoli Kraut was sublime and so easy to prepare. With 2 lbs. organic precut broccoli slaw mix, 2 t. Celtic sea salt, 2 t. South River Garbanzo Miso, 1 c. of my morning green juice (which includes some natural sugars from fruit juices), and 1 t. red pepper flakes, I made a quart of the most unusual but delicious condiment ever. I am afraid I'm quite addicted to fermented vegetables. I've also started adding Veggie Culture Starter to my creations to boost the amount of probiotics I take in.

Duds...wearing a gathered navy skirt from Urban Outfitters, navy cotton v-neck sweater, and lavender button-up top with black tights, wool socks, and black boots...hair is as usual down and slightly curled.

Plans...thinking of the board walk for our date night. It was too yucky out last week, but I'm hopeful for this week.

I love it when there is nothing especially new to put in my journal. I continue to play, draw, read, paint, and make new veggie concoctions, while I brush up my tax preparation skills. Life keeps rolling along.