"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Saturday, March 23, 2013

lighten the burdens I must carry

Sometimes I don't act as I should. Perhaps I loose my temper or think unkind thoughts. At times like this, the burden and sadness that these sins bring feels overwhelming. God doesn't like this for me. He wants to forgive and use His grace to allow me to move forward again with joy.

"...Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not," Doctrine and Covenants 6:34, 36.

"The Lord hath comforted his people, and will have mercy upon his afflicted...For can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb?...Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands,” 1 Nephi 21:13, 15–16.

"Behold, he suffereth the pains of all men, yea, the pains of every living creature," 2 Nephi 9:21. 

"Look unto God with firmness of mind, and pray unto him with exceeding faith, and he will console you in your afflictions, and he will plead your cause," Jacob 3:1.

"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you. … Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid," John 14:27.

"I will also ease the burdens which are put upon your shoulders, that even you cannot feel them upon your backs...that ye may know of a surety that I, the Lord God, do visit my people in their afflictions," Mosiah 24:14

Although I must take the first step and ask, I cannot will forgiveness and grace. Heavenly Father and the Savior are part of the perfecting, strengthening, and forgiving process. In the beginning of this journey, I didn't understand this point. My will to be perfect has been my downfall at times. When I cannot take another step or work another minute or cope with another problem, my Father and my Savior ask me to cast my burdens at their feet. This allows them the opportunity to inspire, comfort, and strengthen me. No, the way is not easy. Experience is necessary for my growth, BUT They want me to succeed. If I will let them, they will lighten the burdens I must carry.