"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Saturday, March 9, 2013

strength through grace

Today, I'm studying and pondering In the Strength of the Lord, David A. Bednar, October 2004. Unless otherwise noted, all quotes come from this sermon.

In His marvelous and miraculous ways, God called us. Of course President Bednar's call is larger than life, but his feelings and scripture studies before accepting are similar to mine this week. "My heart is filled to overflowing, my mind is spinning, my knees are weak and wobbly, and I find that words are totally inadequate to communicate effectively the feelings and thoughts I desire to share..."

We are taught by Nephi to “liken all scriptures unto us” 1 Ne. 19:23. God truly has shown me my weaknesses but it took ever so long for me to open my eyes and allow His grace to transform them into strengths. Jacob 4:6-7 This is still a work in process.

"It is through the grace of the Lord that individuals, through faith in the atonement of Jesus Christ and repentance of their sins, receive strength and assistance to do good works that they otherwise would not be able to maintain if left to their own means." As we move into this new phase, I cling to this truth. On my own, I am weak, Alma 26:12; Moses 6:31-32. "the enabling and strengthening aspect of the Atonement helps us to see and to do and to become good in ways that we could never recognize or accomplish with our limited mortal capacity."

"If I thought we had to execute this transition relying exclusively upon our own experience and our own judgment, then I would be terrified. But we will have help from heaven. Because we know who is in charge and that we are not alone, then no, I am not scared."

"I will go where the Lord and the leaders of His Church want me to go, I will do what they want me to do, I will teach what they want me to teach, and I will strive to become what I should and must become. In the strength of the Lord and through His grace, I know that you and I can be blessed to accomplish all things."