"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

He knows and bestows

The restoration didn't begin with Joseph Smith. Many set the stage and some martyred for their efforts including but not limited to: Wycliff, Gutenberg, Columbus, Tyndale, Luther, Calvin, and Knox. William Tyndale made two statements I find very pertinent to the reformation and restoration. “If God spare my life, ere many years I will cause a boy that driveth the plough shall know more of the scripture than thou dost.” “The nature of God’s word is, that whosoever read it, … it will begin immediately to make him every day better and better, till he be grown into a perfect man,” I'm afraid with my plethora of faults I will have to live a very long time and study very hard. Fortunately, God knows all my efforts won't be enough and bestows His strengthening grace. If God can call a simple plowboy as a prophet, He can work a wonder in me. Hopefully, I won't make too many more blunders before I reach a point of almost there. Disheartening and discouraging, my mistakes are out there for all to see. James said the remedy for this was to ask God. "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God" James 1:5 certainly, I lack wisdom and seek God's help. I'm so grateful for the directions in which He has led me including to a know ledge of the reformation and restoration.