"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

prove

We were with an acquaintance the other day, when news arrived that his loved one was involved in an accident. His reaction took me back to that dreadful day 15 years ago, when my neighbor stood at my door and told me Katie had been hit by a truck. (Malachi 3:2) The refiner's fire tests the faith of even the most faithful. If men are that they might have joy, why do tragedies occur? (2 Nephi 2:25) One reason is testing. Will the faithful yield to temptation, break God’s commandments, and sin? Sinning and cursing God make us more unhappy than tragedy. If we look beyond our own desires and accept God's will, we can find joy and blessings in the midst of the fire just as Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego did. God proves us as He proved the children of Israel. (Exodus 16:4) If we remain faithful all our experiences will work together for our good. God wants us to choose Him. (Joshua 24:15)