"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Monday, May 20, 2013

Shrug

I received a special opportunity to walk my talk concerning forgiveness and charity. This was hard. I know what to do, but my hurt feelings didn't want to cooperate. The thing that got me through this was keeping an eternal perspective. What is more important; receiving immediate justice or living eternally with bliss and love? Letting go of hurts seems out of the question in the moment. Holding onto them, we imagine we get some satisfaction. In reality, we torture ourselves needlessly. Some small thing can take on huge proportions or can be shrugged off. Even though this was hard it was ever so much easier than wallowing in perseaved pain induced self-pity.