"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

freedom to choose

Praying For...Sweet Sammy girl, our 6-year-old, genius granddaughter...also...my Primary child, Selena, an engaging, loving 5-year-old child...let not the hand of evil touch these two...let them experience the innocence and wonder of childhood...the same for children around the world...yes, evil people of the world must be permitted to act to condemn themselves...still my heart is for little children...also...inspire political leaders to protect religious freedom and personal liberty, while become aloof to tyranny and corruption.

Pondering Jesus' Words..."But I have commanded you to bring up your children in light and truth." Doctrine and Covenants 93:40 Having gratitude for this little calling to teach in Primary and being allowed to be a small part of showing these little children light and truth.

Bibliophilia...sent Sammy Nim's Island and some supplies (Explode the Code, Kumon, and pictorial analogies) to play school this summer. She's a smart cookie that one. Nim is a great read and cute movie.

Doctor Ginger Medicine Woman/Cucina Fresca/Movement..."The condition of the physical body can affect the spirit. That’s why the Lord gave us the Word of Wisdom. He also said that we should retire to our beds early and arise early (see Doctrine and Covenants 88:124), that we should not run faster than we have strength (see Doctrine and Covenants 10:4)...In general, the more food we eat in its natural state and the less it is refined without additives, the healthier it will be for us. Food can affect the mind, and deficiencies in certain elements in the body can promote mental depression...Rest and physical exercise are essential, and a walk in the fresh air can refresh the spirit. Wholesome recreation is part of our religion, and a change of pace is necessary, and even its anticipation can lift the spirit." Ezra Taft Benson, October 1974...More and more I see following God's prophets, eating simply according to the Word of Wisdom, having an early to bed early to rise schedule, resting when necessary but not too much, strengthening with gentle yoga, walking under the trees or by the ocean, loving/forgiving others, and choosing a positive attitude have reversed the life course I was walking. I feel stronger and happier every day.

Sound of Music...I'll ever be grateful to Mrs. Jean Davis for teaching me the Suzuki violin method at William C Jack Elementary School back in the 70s. No, I never became the concert violinist of my father's dreams. Instead, I learned exactly what Mr. Suzuki promised, play tolerably well and develop a lifelong love of beautiful music. His method stuck with me in another way. For the last 36 years, I've sung the same hymns over and over. While the keys are sometimes difficult for me to play, the tune isn't. I play what I hear, or at least I know when I play it poorly.

Pen and Brush/Nature Study...I think I like drawing and watercoloring with a cartoony style, which never seemed to be me previously. My hidden 'talent' emerges, LOL. Lots of funny chipmunks around here, stealing the carrots we stored on the back deck. Plus, we often see seals swimming in the bay on the way to church or town. Love this place!!!

chipmunk card for Gayle
seal cards for Sammy and Lena