"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Sunday, July 28, 2013

hoping and thinking and praying

Praying For...Cole as he moves toward the end of childhood that he will truly know Jesus' love and grace and forgiveness and choose to follow and emulate Him. Also for tender, sweet Lena, who is always free with her hugs and smiles. Praying that they and all children will know kindness and love and plenty. Also that the leaders of nations will soften their hearts toward freedom of religion and worship.

Meditating On Jesus' Word..."...I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them..." 1 Nephi 3:7 Sometimes it is hard to go and do what the Lord commands unless we remember our witness. "...if you desire a further witness, cast your mind upon the night that you cried unto me in your heart, that you might aknow concerning the truth of these things. Did I not speak peace to your mind concerning the matter? What greater witness can you have than from God? And now, behold, you have received a awitness; for if I have told you things which no man knoweth have you not received a witness?" Doctrine and covenants 6:22-24


Bibliophilia...Sent Cole The Door in the Wall  byMarguerite De Angeli. Since he is just about to turn nine and Spencer loved this book at nine, it should be perfect for him. They are very similar in temperament and intelligence.


Sound of Music...I love playing in my little round auditorium in the woods. As with most mornings, I spent a nice time playing and singing hymns all along where nobody but God could hear. Or so I thought. The two young elders, who live on the farm were working with my husband in a nearby arena. Oh, the embarrassment and shame. Although I play well enough for me and God, I don't like others to hear. No, it's not hiding my talent under a bushel, it is saving the tender ears of others. Anyway...I was mortified.

Garden Gate...growing greens upstairs in the sloping eave closets with bright lights. Hopefully in a few weeks they will reward me. Transplanted some forget-me-not starts into a big pot for my office. Hope they make it. 

Movement...I subscribe to online yoga classes with a teacher I found on YouTube. For awhile I considered classes in town, but the driving time and my work schedule made this impractical. Ester is easy to follow and takes things slowly in her beginners classes. After my dawn walks, it's a treat to spend time each morning stretching and building my heart. 


For Health... Recently, someone said. "I...really like organic milk, eggs and cheese...I have an issue [with you] mentioning that people who eat dairy and eggs have an increased risk of cancer etc...fear induced words...and NOT scientifically proven...This upsets me..." The research of Colin Campbell is scientific and shows conclusively that ingesting animal protein promotes cancer growth. It isn't a fear tactic to state fact; it is truth. Isn't truth what we seek? If truth brings fear, one should face it and adapt. Yes, I love cheese and butter and even used to raise chickens for delicious eggs. However, knowledge that these and other animal products cause all degenerative diseases caused me to reexamine my use of animals and their by products as food.

Nature...ocean, flowers, trees, smells, sounds, walking, counting my blessings that I get to live in this amazing place...

Locks and Duds...it is the end of July and I'm still wearing jackets and sweaters and tights most mornings. The afternoons warm up and burn off the marine layer. Three young ladies came to our picnic today wearing long dresses and flowing long hair. I've never seen these away from church before. It made me hopeful that there may be some crowing-glory, 24/7 skirters in the up and coming generation. I can hope.

Pen and Brush...here's a little lop-eyed kitten I sent to Gracie.