"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Friday, July 12, 2013

the only way

The frailty of the human body is evident at every turn. After enduring the flu this week, I feel older than old. True, my grandmother laughs when I say how old I feel. At 96 she's earned the title. Still, when viruses invade and steal my limited energy, I get a bit discouraged. On top of that, I can't even figure out what herbs or essential oils to use to hasten my recovery, because I cannot think or stay awake. Waaaaaaah!

Whining aside, I'm grateful that my Heavenly Father led me to the way to cure my illness. Nobody would have ever thought I could serve a mission who saw me last October, but here I am. I still get sick and run down, but it doesn't devastate me for weeks or months on end. The Word of Wisdom is the only way.