"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Monday, October 14, 2013

feeling fine feeling great

Praying For...Gracie that she will know Jesus, that her childhood innocence is preserved, and that she knows helth, happiness, and love.

Bibliophilia...I sent Gracie Alpha Phonics and Reading-Literature: The Primer by Harriette Taylor Treadwell. Also, I read Winged Watchman about a Dutch family during WWII who resisted the Germans. It was very good. I'll likely send it to Cole next week.

Cucina Fresca...Invented a new for now nameless dish that was quite tasty. Over a bed of brown rice, I put a large serving each of steamed kale and cauliflower kream sauce. On top a garnish of sliced cherry tomatoes added some cheer. Normally, I would have put this over brown rice fettuccine. However, I researched much of Dr. McDougall's work and discovered he advises little flour products for those wishing to maintain a healthy weight. Whole grains, legumes, winter squash, and root vegetables are the best products for energy and satiation. After only a few days of eliminating ground grains, my weight dropped to normal, and I eat more than every before. So for now, goodbye whole grain flour products. Also enjoyed heart friendly chiles rellenos made with black beans, brown rice, and my delicious homemade enchilada sauce. A tiny bit of avocado on top gives a kreamy, cheezy mouth feel.

Contemplating Jesus' Word..."And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, in meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; and that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will," 2 Timothy 2:24-26. Growing up I was taught my bad temper was a inborn, familial  trait that could not be changed. I know now by studying scripture and experimenting upon the Word, that teaching was dead wrong. One of the hardest things in my life is controlling my temper, remaining calm and temperate under criticism or mocking, and avoiding contention with ruffled feathers. Nevertheless, with constant prayer for strength and conscious striving toward the desired goal, God blesses me with His gift of meekness. True, I've a long way to go, but He's working on me.

Sound of Music...Working on Our Mountain Home So Dear and I Need Thee Every Hour. Playing music is a prayer.

Movement...with the rain keeping us inside so much, I'm back to my old 50/10 schedule. Work or write for 50 and then take a ten minute brain break with Tapp Core or Yoga. Somehow I re-injured my hip and do 50/10 gingerly at the moment.

Teaching Little Children...although the love presenting the program, children in the younger classes have a very tough time with the two weeks of practice before hand. They were as sweet as could be expected. Their little bodies are not designed to sit still for an hour of chapel followed by two hours of practicing.

Garden Gate...My attic garden is getting thick and lush. Hopefully, the produce will get to proper size for eating soon. I'm getting anxious.

Health Report...I had a pretty hectic week packing up our house. Amazingly, I had good energy most of the week. In fact, I worked from 2 AM to 8 PM for six days. Once the work was done and I flew back here, I didn't have the physical crash that has become normal for me. My fiftieth birthday is tomorrow. Amazingly, I am getting better. I am feeling fine. In fact, I'm feeling great. Praise God!

Pen and Brush...not drawing and painting much right now, because I'm writing a new book and revising one of my grammar books in captured moments.