"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Monday, December 9, 2013

anywhere and anything

Praying For...Claire, the sweetest little girl in the world...that she will be safe, happy, and healthy and that she will know the love of God. I pray the same for all children everywhere, although I know some children will be subject to the evils of this world. Finally, I pray that leaders of nations will soften their hearts toward the Gospel of Jesus Christ and His followers. His Word..."For behold, the promises which we have obtained are promises unto us according to the flesh; wherefore, as it has been shown unto me that many of our children shall perish in the flesh because of unbelief, nevertheless, God will be merciful unto many; and our children shall be restored, that they may come to that which will give them the true knowledge of their Redeemer," 2 Nephi 10:2. I have hope in His mercy and grace. Cucina Fresca...still experimenting with idli. I got an idli steamer, so my latest batch was cooked correctly. Now I need to figure out how to make them a bit lighter. They sort of taste like buttermilk pancakes and are delicious with curry or maple syrup. Bibliophilia...sent Claire a copy of Yoko's Paper Cranes by Rosemary Wells and Let's Fold! by Shinobu Akaishi. I love children's books. Sound of Music...this year I'm giving the gift of music to my grandchildren and Primary children with this CD. It includes all the songs for the 2014 Primary program. When children know the songs well, they are more engaged during Primary. They learn more about Jesus and His doctrines. And they have fun feeling smart. Garden Gate...I've been harvesting greens and herbs from my attic garden. I don't believe I've eaten tastier bok choi or basil in all my life. Rapunzel Report...moving into middle age, my once stick straight, short hair went wild. I had no idea how to tame frizzy hair and tried all sorts of things. I grew it long, which didn't help but gave me an easier time with preparation. Plus, I love long hair. Curling and blowdrying damaged it and made the frizz worse. Two things that did work were Wen products and Mason Pearson Brush and Comb. At first Wen made my head peel until they developed a sensitive product with no soy, wheat, nuts, or menthol. I love it! Mason Pearson tools are fantastic. I've never had a brush that worked in my thick hair. True, I had a lot of hair loss when I was ill. But it's mostly grown back. The brush smoothes my hair, while the comb works out knots. Pen and Brush...I've spent more time writing instead of painting lately. Although I love painting, I can't get up the gumption to do any. Probably, writing down my daydreams is more fulfilling. It's not likely that anyone will ever read my stories, but that's not why I write. If I don't empty things out of my head, I cannot sleep or concentrate. Also, living my fantasies through writing is very entertaining. I can go anywhere and have anything I want in my head.