"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Sunday, December 29, 2013

just a little bit

Cucina Fresca...Since I gave most of my kitchen stuff to S when we closed the old house, I'm restocking with a few pieces that I determined as must haves. I not so subtly asked J for a Tramontina Multicooker to streamline our pasta dinner. Ann Esselstyn taught my to veg up my brown rice pasta, and there isn't a tool on the market that does it better than this. When boiling the pasta, I steam minced kale on one third of the basket, sliced mushrooms on another, and something else (zucchini, asparagus, rabe, green beans, etc.) on the last. I used to boil the kale with the pasta, but pouring green water down the drain made me rethink that one. Anyway, I mix the steamed kale into the pasta, the mushrooms into the sauce, and serve the other on the side. But my sauce is vegged up even without these. I add 1/2 a pureed onion, a couple pressed garlic cloves, red mini bells, fresh parsley and basil, 1-2 T of my famous powdered dehydrated veg and dried shitaki mushroom seasoning, plus a couple T each of dehydrated spinach and cabbage. Sometimes I stir in garbanzo or white beans. My red pasta is out of this world for flavor with red pepper flakes, black pepper, dried herbs, and smoked paprika. Just before serving, I stir morninga powder into the sauce. Overeating is always a risk. Nevertheless with so few calories, it isn't dangerous to the waistline or arteries.

Dr. Ginger, Medicine Woman...I seriously hate the idea of nationalized medicine for quite a few reasons. First, redistribution of wealth is theft, pure and simple. It doesn't make for a better life for the masses; it brings everyone down to a low quality of life--except for a few elite. Second, we sacrificed to pay for our own children's medical care. Mostly we practiced prevention and self care. When acute illness, birth defects, or accidents occurred, we paid cash out of pocket. Self employed people with preexisting conditions could not get insurance during most of our child rearing years. Third, I don't want to pay to fix other people, when I'm actively attempting to prevent degenerative illness through diet and exercise. People wouldn't be so quick to say they could never eat more plants, eliminate more animal products, and get off the couch if they had to pay a fine for trips to the doctor instead of having their unhealthy lifestyles subsidized. Fourth, I don't believe allopathic medicine is the panacea that some do. Most Americans have been brainwashed into thinking that some pill, some surgery, some white-coated God can cure what their dirty diet and sedentary lifestyle has done to their health. Sure sometimes the luck of the draw gives us birth defects or accidents; these are largely unavoidable. However, ALL degenerative disease, including diabetes, cancer, vascular disease, etc, are caused by eating animal protein and fat. Science proves this. Scripture backs it up. The body was designed to heal itself with proper rest, clean water, excellent nutrition, gentle motion, faith in God, and a good attitude. I could go on and on, but I'm getting a little hot under the collar thinking about this. Anyway...the AHA isn't the answer.



Garden Gate...When we unexpectedly left our desert last fall, our first moringa tree was about 2 feet tall. Hopefully, we'll get back down there again and start our little forest over again. This stuff practically grows itself.