"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Sunday, December 1, 2013

most enjoyable

Praying For...Quinn, the court jester, that he will be healthy, happy, safe, and know Jesus. My prayer for the world is gentleness and peace. At least I can do my part to make my little corner gentler and safer.

Bibliophilia...Bought Boxcar Children for Quinn. Reading A Circle of Quiet by Madeleine L'Engle. It cracks me up.

Cucina Fresca...another week of simple plant foods prepared simply...roasted portabellos, mashed potatoes, cauliflower kream gravy, pumpkin bisque, baked potatoes, ratatouille, left over ratatouille added to linguine marinara (new favorite dish), roasted root vegetables, tostadas, sour kraut, miso soup, oatmeal, fruit crisp. I love my diet, but realized how different it is on Thursday. Thanksgiving at my in-laws was weird: sugar, white flour, and animal products predominated. I only went to visit, which was highly enjoyable.

Movement...I feel unusually happy lately. Maybe the fact that my injury is healing at light speed makes me smile. I don't know. But it's nice to know I AM healing. Not too long ago this might have sent me into a tailspin. Love my foam rolling, yoga, stretching, tapp core, ballet exercise hybrid. Getting more limber and stronger every day. Hurray!

Needle News...the machine here broke, which is pretty irritating. I'm contemplating hand sewing and embroidering a Mexican Puebla dress in anticipation of next fall. Please, oh, please, let that be the final destination...at least for a few years.

Nature News...mushrooms actually do grow in dim, damp forests. They are all over the place here. Plus, we have fog, which is eerie between the trees. The fog horn is most enjoyable. I live in the most beautiful place on earth.