"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Friday, January 24, 2014

Power in the Priesthood

Neil L. Anderson's sermon Power in the Priesthood was eye opening and thought provoking.

"We sometimes overly associate the power of the priesthood with men in the Church. The priesthood is the power and authority of God given for the salvation and blessing of all—men, women, and children. A man may open the drapes so the warm sunlight comes into the room, but the man does not own the sun or the light or the warmth it brings. The blessings of the priesthood are infinitely greater than the one who is asked to administer the gift."

I've always felt this truth. To hear it said so clearly by an apostle of Christ finally brings this personal belief full circle. So many have been angry over the years about the roles of gender. I've never felt this, because I know in my heart that all blessings are available to me as a woman. However, a man will never know the joys and pains of baring children. This battle of the sexes has never been an issue to me. I've never felt threatened by gender rolls. Perhaps my husband's attitude of never assuming a posture of unrighteous dominion has made the difference. Perhaps my own attitude that strong women make the best homemakers helped as well. Women everywhere can bring this power into their homes regardless of the man in her life by living according to the dictates and example of Jesus Christ, diligently studying scripture (with children and husband if they are present and willing), praying with faith, partaking of Jesus sacrament to renew convenants, and attending worship meetings. It makes all the difference.