"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Sunday, February 23, 2014

don't be alarmed

Praying For...Gracie our little almost 5-year-old firecracker...that she will know Jesus as her Savior and Friend...that she will have a happy, safe, healthy, and delightful childhood...that the people of the world will open their eyes and soften their hearts toward children and others too weak to defend themselves...that each of us will be more gentle, kind, and charitable with our neighbors all over the world.

Bibliophilia...I've read a few J and YA novels from the library but none have been worth any comments. I sent Gracie a copy of Little Bear along with dot-to-dot and hidden picture books.

Jesus Word..."...follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart," 2 Timothy 2:22. Maybe giving others the benefit of a doubt is the answer after all. My 7th grade English teacher taught us to do this, when we had several fellow students with terrible behavior problems. Mr. Eshy was so kind and gentle with these young people even when they weren't kind to him. He was a great example. I wonder what he is doing now if he is even still alive. His example of Christlike charity along with peace and righteousness were eye opening and something to emulate.

Cucina Fresca...my second cousin's wife, Betty, sent me her okra recipe. I always loved her okra. In fact I had never eaten okra before she fixed it for me. All these years later, I remember how tasty it was. Now that I can only eat plants and she is getting pretty old and infirm, I wrote her for her recipe. It is pretty simple. Gently cook onion, peppers, tomatoes, and sliced okra until just tender. Then season with salt and pepper. Since I like onions well cooked, I'll probably cook them on their own for 30 minutes over low heat before adding the other things. We'll eat this for dinner tonight on a bed of brown rice with falafel on the side. It should be very tasty. I hope J likes Betty's Okara as much as I do.

Garden Gate...my 3 morninga trees are doing great up in my attic greenhouse. They are all of 8 inches tall. The tree collard is about 18 inches tall with lots of leaves. Can't wait till I can harvest some of that. These will be planted outside in our desert garden, when we finally get there. Ginger is getting full and thick, too. So far turmeric hasn't come up. I planted more basil, parsley, and cilantro, since it grows like gang busters up there. We eat lots of these three herbs. Finally, I planted green onions and hope to plant garlic chives as soon as my seeds arrive. We are eating about a quart of sprouts every day now, since I have my system moving along again. We can't seem to get enough of my own scrumptious broccoli/alfalfa/kale/bok choi/clover mix. J eats them by the handfull. I prefer them in salad or on tostadas. Before this alarms anyone, I must tell that the first soaking is done in a peroxide/water solution. We won't get e-coli from our home grown sprouts.