"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Sunday, March 30, 2014

joyful normal

Praying For...Sweet Sammy girl, our seven-year-old Mandarin speaking darling granddaughter...that she will know true joy in her life...that she can learn well and her burdens will be made light...that she will know Jesus and love his commandments...that she will be safe, happy, healthy, and charitable. Also, that leaders of nations will stop attempting to take the agency of man...that designing men will be foiled in their attempts to deceive...that children will be cherished throughout the world.

Favorite Quote From My Week...“Do you want guidance? Have you prayed to the Lord for inspiration? Do you want to do right or do you want to do what you want to do whether or not it is right? Do you want to do what is best for you in the long run or what seems more desirable for the moment? Have you prayed? How much have you prayed? How did you pray? Have you prayed as did the Savior … or did you ask for what you want regardless of its being proper? Do you say in your prayers: ‘Thy will be done’? Did you say, ‘Heavenly Father, if you will inspire and impress me with the right, I will do that right’? … Did you say, ‘Father in Heaven, I love you, I believe in you, I know you are omniscient. I am honest. I am sincerely desirous of doing right. I know you can see the end from the beginning. You can see the future. You can discern if under this situation I present, I will have peace or turmoil, happiness or sorrow, success or failure. Tell me, please, loved Heavenly Father, and I promise to do what you tell me to do.’ Have you prayed that way? Don’t you think it might be wise? Are you courageous enough to pray that prayer?” Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Spencer W. Kimball (2006), 246–47, quoted by Linda K. Burton, Tuning Our Hearts to the Voice of the Spirit, CES Devotional, March 2, 2014, Brigham Young University–Idaho

Bibliophilia...bought Betsy Tacy for Sammy as well as some Kumon math and maze books.

Cucina Fresca...Nothing stands out as overly fantastic. We ate plain but delicious plant foods. Making gallons of carrot juice and green smoothies. We got tired of oatmeal so switched to muesli with oat milk, spices, ginger, raisins, and gogi berries. It's delicious. I did stop and get a spinach enchilada at a Mexican restaurant off island the other day that made me ill with all the oil. How can someone turn something so healthy and lovely into an oil pit? More and more I see it's better to cook and eat at home. In fact, I do believe I'll make kale enchiladas after church today.



Nature...flowers are everywhere...many people say they love all the cherry blossoms. Actually around here the pink tree blossoms are mostly flowering plum. Flowering cherry has longish stems that make their blossoms droop down. Flowering plum stems are short and more erect. Also when the leaves come in, flowering plum has purplish leaves. Flowering cherry leaves are green. Nevertheless, they are all lovely. They make pink snow.

Garden Gate...planted the core of a purple and a green cabbage in a pot in my attic greenhouse. The tree collard is growing like gangbusters. Morninga grows right before my eyes. Eggplant and peppers have sprouted. Ginger is tall and sleek (unlike me). Herbs are a literal jungle up there. Have some gogi berry plants coming to plant in five gallon pots. I love my hands in the dirt; it cheers my soul. Not sure how I'm going to get my garden home in six months.