"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Friday, March 7, 2014

take another step

Again this week I studied We Have Great Reason to Rejoice a sermon given in the October 2013 General Women's meeting by Carole M. Stephens. Women have great things to teach other women in a way that women understand best. All quotes are from this sermon unless otherwise noted.

"Those who want to be baptized need to be willing to serve the Lord by serving others—for your whole life!...We keep our covenants every day as we are kind, show love, and take care of each other." This is what my parents don't understand about me. They are confused why I work so hard for my church, community, and family. When I was baptized, I made a covenant (solemn promise to Jesus Christ) to live the commandments, to stand in Holy Places, to stand as His witness, to serve Him by serving His children, and to endure cheerfully to the end of my life. It is not always easy to live up to these covenants, but try I must.

“When we realize that we are children of the covenant, we know who we are and what God expects of us. His law is written in our hearts.” Russell M. Nelson

Because His law is written on my heart, I must live up to my covenants however poorly. I repent and try to work harder. I retrench and try to be a better person. I learn and change and teach and lift and love...I also offend and fall short and am slothful...but my heart is in the right place...I do try...tomorrow I'll do better with the grace of God giving me power to take another step.