"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Thursday, June 19, 2014

before the world was

Continuing my study of Jesus the Christ. The format I first began is too long to blog. Therefore, I will list the scriptures I study in conjunction with the commentary in Jesus the Christ and journal my thoughts. The Bible I study is the King James Version. Although most people have a Bible, not all have a Doctrine and Covenants, Pearl of Great Price, or Book of Mormon. Where they appear in my studies, I'll link those scriptures.

Job 38:7
1 Corinthians 8:4-6
Amos 3:7
John 1:1-3, 14
1 John 1:1-3; 2:13-14; 4:9; 5:7
Revelations 3:14; 19:13
Moses 1:32-33
2 Timothy 1:9-10
Romans 16:25
Ephesians 1:4; 3:9-11
Titus 1:2
Romans 3:25
1 Peter 1:19-20
John 6:38, 51, 57, 61, 62; 8:58; 17:5, 24; compare Exodus 3:14
John 16:27-28; 13:3; 17:3-5, 24-25
Ether 3:11-16
Doctrine and Covenants 93:1-17, 21; 76:13-14

Prophets from the beginning spoke of the foreordained Jesus Christ, the Son of the Eternal Father. As we learned previously, Satan wanted his plan of force to be used so that he might gain the glory which deservedly should go to God, the Eternal Father. Jesus wanted no glory but only to do the will of Heavenly Father thus bringing glory to The Father. Jesus' plan was chosen; Satan and all that sided with him were cast out. When on earth, Jesus was born in humble circumstances but attested his seniority over Abraham. This seems odd condescension to nepotism unless the doctrine of foreordination is accepted. While Abraham was born on earth before Jesus, Jesus' mission was greater than that of Abraham. The egotistical claims of excuse through ancestry were put to rest. Preexistance and foreordination cannot be ignored.

"The testimony of scriptures written on both hemispheres, that of records both ancient and modern, the inspired utterances of prophets and apostles, and the words of the Lord Himself, are of one voice in proclaiming the preexistence of the Christ and His ordination as the chosen Savior and Redeemer of mankind—in the beginning, yea, even before the foundation of the world," Jesus the Christ.

Jesus was chosen as the Christ not in spite of His desire to give the glory to God and champion free agency but because of it. How can I liken these character traits unto myself? I see humility, meekness, and a defender of choice. That's a tall order for an unworthy, sinful human. I suppose my biggest problem is championing choice. I want so badly for my family and friends to know Jesus and know the freedom/joy/blessings that come from following Him. Maybe I'm overbearing when I should be silent, humble, and meek. I don't mean acquiesce with silence. But...after I bear testimony of truths I have learned through study and experience, I should leave it up to the person instead of beating a dead horse. AND who knows...maybe on some points I'm not 100% correct as crazy as that idea seems...now I'm getting sarcastic, which is also not a good character trait. So...bare testimony, listen to others, love others, and let them choose for themselves.