"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Monday, June 23, 2014

thanks mom and dad

This week I'll start with chapter 3 of Jesus the Christ.

Abraham 3:25
Moses 1:39; 6:59
Genesis 1:26-27; 2:7
Moses 2:26-27; 3:7
Abraham 4:26-28; 5:7
Genesis 1:28-31; 2:16-17
Moses 2:28-31; 3:16-17
Abraham 4:28-31; 5:12-13

Heavenly Father caused the earth to be created to provide a place for His spirit children to test and try to their faithfulness to His commands. His plan provided tabernacles or bodies of clay to allow the exercise of agency. Although He knew all would be fallible and many misuse their agency, Heavenly Father doesn't want any of us to be lost. It is His glory to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man. He is a loving God and provided a Savior, His first born Son, Jesus Christ.

Yes, I know these truths are common knowledge in Christianity, but they set the stage for the life of Christ. I am grateful to have been born in the right time and place to be taught of Jesus Christ. Although my parents weren't church going people, I had no doubt they believe in the teachings of the Bible; they are Christians. I am grateful my parents instilled this love of Jesus and commitment to living the commandments in my heart at a young age. They taught me to be honest, to live the Golden Rule, to love extended family, and that church going was desirable even if they were members of no church. They supported my search for a church to join. My first Bible was a very old, tiny Gideon bible that belonged to my father. I kept it in my head board cubby, reading it again and again. Thanks Mom and Dad.