"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

there are many ways, many ways, many ways to say, I love you...

"We believe in the gift of tongues, prophecy, revelation, visions, healing, interpretation of tongues, and so forth," Article of Faith 7.

Heavenly Father blesses His children in many ways. One manifestation of His loving blessings is spiritual gifts to the obedient and worthy.

The gift of tongues and interpretation of tongues is given to missionaries and other called to preach the gospel. These days of wide immigration, this gift seems more widely needed and given in ordinary situations, 1 Corinthians 12:10. We don't believe the gift of tongues is speaking mumbo jumbo, but the ability to intelligently converse in a foreign language.

Holders of the Melchizedec priesthood can indeed heal if it is the will of God, Matthew 10:1.

Prophets are givin warning visions of the future, lead the church, and prepare scripture, including but not limited to Moses, Isaiah, Peter, Paul, Lehi, and Joseph Smith, Hosea 12:13.

Revelation is God speaking to someone through the power of the Holy Ghost. Everyone who has the gift of the Holy Ghost can receive the spirit of revelation to guide them in their lives, Revelations 1:3. Parents receive revelation to guide their families, Proverbs 31:1. Bishops receive revelation for their congregation or ward. The prophet receives revelation to guide the whole church, 2 Peter 1:21.

At different times in my life, I have been blessed with various spiritual gifts. Even though I struggle to learn to speak Spanish, on my mission I had a wonderful experience sharing the gospel with a man from Guatemala. I was given enough knowledge to converse somewhat coherently. However, I struggle to order food in a Mexican restaurant. I was blessed with the gift of tongues at that time. Other times I've received revelation for myself and my family. Other things are too sacred to share in this forum. I love my Heavenly Father and am grateful He blesses His children; He provides many way to help us make right choices, so we might live happier lives and be with Him again.