"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Thursday, July 24, 2014

not a hermit

This study of Jesus the Christ is just right for me at this time. I need something gentle and sweet right now. As I move into chapter 8, that is how it feels.

Luke 2
Luke 4:22
Matthew 13:55
Mark 6:3
Genesis 17:12
Leviticus 1:3
John 7:22
Luke 2:21
Luke 1:31
Matthew 1:21, 25

All the people knew that the Messiah would be born in the place of David's birth, Bethlehem. Isn't it interesting how Rome declared a taxing at the time of Mary's deliverance? Jewish custom, though, dictated the census and taxing occur at the ancestral home instead of the Roman way of taxing at the place of residency. Of course with so many people traveling to so tiny a place at the same time, room for lodging was beyond capacity. Mary delivered her babe, the King of Kings in the humblest of circumstances. This babe was raised as the child of Mary and Joseph according to Jewish law and custom.

I love Mary and Joseph for their sacrifice. I love Jesus for His greater sacrifice. Christianity helps me strive to do and be better, where I would tend to become a hermit and think only about myself.
[225]