"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Friday, August 29, 2014

Fear Not...

With all the wars, rumors of wars, pestilence, rioting, atrocities, deviances, earthquakes, and tempests in the news, it is hard to remember who is ultimately in charge and to hold onto faith. The sermon of focus this week is “Fear Not; I Am with Thee” by Jean A. Stevens, which deals with just such fears. All quotes are from this talk unless otherwise noted.

“Behold, I, Nephi, will show unto you that the tender mercies of the Lord are over all those whom he hath chosen, because of their faith, to make them mighty even unto the power of deliverance,” 1 Nephi 1:20.

"As we develop greater faith and trust in the Lord, we can access His power to bless and deliver us...Whenever the dark shadows of life blanket my world, I know He always has a plan to see me safely home again."

C. S. Lewis described: “I pray because I can’t help myself. … I pray because the need flows out of me all the time, waking and sleeping. It doesn’t change God. It changes me.”

"“Fear...not;...I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee;...I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness,” Isaiah 41:10.

During my life, I've had experiences to sacred to share that built my faith in these principles. When the news of decay and turmoil grow too difficult to bear, I can turn to God and beg for peace. He will provide through tender mercies and strengthening of my faith.