"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Friday, September 12, 2014

love and peace and satisfaction

Continuing study of Jesus the Christ Chapter 14...



Acts 10:38
Mark 2:1-12
Matthew 9:2-8
Luke 5:17-24
James 2:14-18
Matthew 9:2
John 5:14
John 9:1-3

Why do so many fight against the gentle teachings of Jesus? Even when He was in their midst, the ones who had studied and knew all the signs of His coming refused to see Him. Of course I know the reason Jesus is accepted by so few. However, I wish we could all live in love and peace, throwing off bitterness, contention, strife, envy, and other sins. Jesus knew the way to conquer the world was for all of us to love our neighbors. He loved all even sinners. No, He didn't accept sin; He told people to go and sin no more. But in His gentle rebukes, he loved continually and unconditionally. I'm so looking forward to the time, when everyone acts this way. Nevertheless, I'm not looking forward to the time between now and the 1000 years of peace.

Some illness is caused by sin, while other is the fault of nobody. What sins might cause illness? Addictions and immoralities are the ones that come to my mind. Our bodies are not perfect, subject to maladies and ignorance. However, we can do all in our power to keep healthy. Eat the best foods including grains, legumes, vegetables, and fruits, while avoiding oils, flesh, and other animal products. Stop reliving old hurts and forgive others. Try to put on a happy face until you actually feel happy. Avoid sloth.

I own a book written by a cute little lady in her late 90s. She refused to slow down as age approached, saying that scrubbing her floors and climbing her stairs kept her limber and young. I experimented with her ideas and can validate them. When I work hard even working through some minor pain, I feel happier, stronger, and my endurance increases. At the end of the day, I'm worn out whether I work hard or not. Accomplishment makes me happy, while indolence brings dissatisfaction, boredom, and illness.