"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Sunday, September 21, 2014

practical and useful

Praying For...Quinn and Eliana that they will be safe, happy, healthy, obedient to parents, and faithful to God...that they will grow in wisdom, stature, and favor...that the evils of the world won't touch them during childhood...that the hearts of leaders of nations will be touched with charity toward all men, that their minds will cease power mongering and blood thirst in favor of peace, that they will guard the children against harm, and that they will allow the free practice of religion for all...that citizens of the world will cease arguing over isms, realize we are all children of God, and embrace the gentle teachings of Jesus Christ...

Jesus Word..."He that keepeth his mouth keepeth his life: but he that openeth wide his lips shall have destruction," Proverbs 13:3. It's been said we have two ears and one mouth as a suggestion to listen twice as much as we talk. I'm afraid I'm not too good at this one yet. Cucina Fresca...I was so excited to see moringa in the store. True, it was an Asian market, but still...moringa! They also had fresh curry leaves, which I bought and put in my sambar. I'm growing moringa with the hope we will love it. We do! In a green smoothie and this soup, we found it mild and pleasant.

Spicy Cabbage and Moringa Stoup

2 cans rotello tomatoes (1 regular and the other lime)
2 carrots, diced
4 green onions, sliced
1 stalk celery with leaves, diced
1/2 lb thinly sliced cabbage
1 cup moringa leaves or lacinato kale
1/2 bag froze Herdez Yucatan blend corn mix
1/4 c dehydrated spinach
2 T powdered, dehydrated soup mix
1/4 t onion powder or some fresh grated onion
1/4 t garlic powder or a clove of fresh garlic
1/4 t cumin
1/4 t chipotle powder
1/8 t black pepper
Water

Put everything in a pot except corn, moringa, and cabbage. There should be about an inch of water over the veggies. Bring to a boil. Turn heat to low. Cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes. Add greens and corn. Cook for 10 more minutes.

Garden Gate...before we were called to serve a mission out of the blue, we bought a couple windowfarms. As soon as the dust settles, I plan to set them up in my kitchen. Fresh herbs, greens, peppers, strawberries, and tomatoes in my kitchen will be a better decoration than dust catching nicknacks. Yes, I also have a few nicknacks but try to avoid them in favor of the practical and useful.

Movement...I've been tempted to get a granny bike. Every time I consider it, I remember my little Katie and move on. Walking, swimming, house cleaning, gardening, and my hybrid exercises dubbed ginjoga will need to suffice for now. What would be really nice is a park with a smooth bike riding trail so there would be no worry of bike meets auto.