"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Sunday, October 12, 2014

the best

Praying For...Cole and Alex...that they will be happy, healthy, safe, good, and accept Jesus...that they strive to be good students...that they will love their neighbor and vice versa...that the leaders of nations will make decisions that will promote peace and protect families thus giving the children of the world the best chance for a bright future...that people will grow gardens and make better choices to preserve natural resources...

Jesus Word..."Pray always, that you may come off conqueror; yea, that you may conquer Satan, and that you may escape the hands of the servants of Satan that do uphold his work," Doctrine and Covenants 10:5. Whenever I feel down or discouraged, I also realize I've become lax in prayer or scripture study or both, which isn't too bright of me.

Cucina Fresca...I love eating piles of fresh food every day. Sometimes though I crave cinnamon rolls or some such nonsense. Once at a farmer's market type place, J and I saw two large woman walking along eating very large cinnamon rolls. The smell was amazing. I said to J, those look yummy. Without missing a beat, he said, eat like that; look like that. It became our mantra. Anytime one of us is weak, the other says, eat like that; look like that. I didn't make anything new this week but ate yummy plant only salads, soups, and fruit. Plants make one feel amazing and light. Oh, I did start sprouting lentils. The taste is strange but surprisingly nice when put in mashed beans or soup at the last minute.

Garden Gate...I attended a class growing fruit trees in the desert. While most of it was review, I learned a few new and interesting things. One thing that interested me quite a bit was the beauty of the morninga tree. I always planned to plant a few in hidden corners of the back yard, because those I've seen online always look like a mess or huge. Now that I know how to keep the lovely, lacy, flowery, drought-resistant trees a nice size, I have a place picked out right by the front door (with possibly desert lupine, ginger, turmeric, and asparagus as a guild.) Morninga, the poor man's great tasting super food, contains gram for gram 7 times the vitamin C in oranges, 4 times the beta carotene (vitamin A) in carrots, 4 times the calcium in milk (with no lactose), 3 times the potassium in bananas, 2 times the protein in yogurt (the only plant source of ALL essential amino acids), 4 times the chlorophyll in wheat grass, plus a boat load of other vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients. Not only nutritious, it is also detoxifying and inflammatory.

Viewing Pleasure...saw a wonderful movie, The Best of Men...on so many levels and for so many reasons, this picture appealed to me...I highly recommend it for adults and older teens...children would find it boring, plus it is lightly crude at times....I don't mean it's offensively crude, but men learning to deal with suddenly useless bodies have to relearn some basic bodily skills.