"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Friday, October 17, 2014

the test

Jesus the Christ Chapter 16 continued...Learning about each apostle is interesting and inspiring, although someone following my posts might not believe I think this. Distraction is more the issue than diligence. Yesterday, I started unpacking a box. Before I knew it, the day was done and my devotions were slim. Certainly, I listened to a couple sermons while cleaning the kitchen and did a few other devotional things. However, I didn't sit down, devotedly study, and write in this journal as I should, nor did I do so the day before. In this middle of the night, I realized my lack so am up early to make sure this important activity takes priority.

John 11:16
John 14:1-7
John 20:24-29

Thomas loved Jesus and His teachings, however T didn't seem to understand the big picture. Years ago the term Doubting Thomas was still in use. I'm not convinced that Thomas doubted but more that he lacked comprehension. Thomas could see the worth of the Savior during His earthly ministry but didn't grasp the full significance of Jesus Mission. Willing to be martyred along with Jesus, Thomas showed his love and support as well as his misunderstanding of Jesus' divinity. Lacking in faith of the testimonies of his brethren, he would not believe without personal physical confirmation. Thomas' experience gave Jesus a perfect vehicle for a lesson concerning faith. "...because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed," John 20:29.

So the question is do I faithfully believe the words and will of Christ, or do I rely on personal physical confirmations like Thomas? Certainly, I believe in the Son, Jesus Christ, God, the Eternal Father, and the Holy Ghost. However, I do enjoy the testimony that miracles and blessings bring. What does that say about me? Well, I'm grateful for miracles and blessings, counting them all during daily prayer. Still, I do believe as well as try to ascertain and live by God's will for my life. But...distractions sometimes (often) pull me away from the path I know I should travel. That must be the test.