"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Thursday, November 13, 2014

feel the power of His word

Jesus the Christ Chapter 18

Matthew 7:29
Luke 4:32
John 7:46

In the 1980s, a popular movie showed how Yeshiva students were taught to sight the author of their argument, which apparently was a long tradition. Jesus rarely sighted authority. When He did, He suggested or stated His words were of the Father who sent Him. Usually, though, He said, nothing or something like, 'I say unto you.' Moreover, those fortunate enough to hear His words for themselves felt their power.

One need not be in His physical presence to feel the power of His word. Blessed are we that His apostles wrote them down. The more I study them, the more I know they are true. I'll ever be grateful to be born at a time and place where I'm free to read scripture any time I want without fear of retribution. True, many these days are openly hostile to Christians, but for now I still have religious freedom. I would never usurp the religious rights of another, and I invite all with any inkling of interest to experiment upon the word and find out.

"Now, as I said concerning faith—that it was not a perfect knowledge—even so it is with my words. Ye cannot know of their surety at first, unto perfection, any more than faith is a perfect knowledge. But behold, if ye will awake and arouse your faculties, even to an experiment upon my words, and exercise a particle of faith, yea, even if ye can no more than desire to believe, let this desire work in you, even until ye believe in a manner that ye can give place for a portion of my words," Alma 32:26-27.

"Behold, I would exhort you that when ye shall read these things, if it be wisdom in God that ye should read them, that ye would remember how merciful the Lord hath been unto the children of men, from the creation of Adam even down until the time that ye shall receive these things, and ponder it in your hearts. And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost. And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things," Moroni 10:3-5.