"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Friday, November 7, 2014

my treasure

Finally, I feel back on track or at least headed that way. This week I studied The Reason for Our Hope a sermon by Boyd K. Packer. All quotes are taken from this talk unless otherwise noted.

I find it puzzling that some claim, those of my faith are not Christians. How strange. Who is to judge besides Jesus Christ himself if one's worship and devotion is sufficient? “We preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ, and we write according to our prophecies, that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins,” (2 Nephi 25:26). "Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven," (Luke 6:27).

"We may not live perfect lives, and there are penalties for our mistakes, but before we came to earth, we agreed to be subject to His laws and to accept the punishment for violating those laws...Jesus Christ is the resurrected Christ. We worship and recognize Him for the pain He suffered for us collectively and for the pain He endured for each of us individually, both in the Garden of Gethsemane and on the cross...Those who will repent and forsake sin will find that His merciful arm is outstretched still. Those who listen to and heed His words and the words of His chosen servants will find peace and understanding even in the midst of great heartache and sorrow. The result of His sacrifice is to free us from the effects of sin, that all may have guilt erased and feel hope...The mercy and grace of Jesus Christ are not limited to those who commit sins either of commission or omission, but they encompass the promise of everlasting peace to all who will accept and follow Him and His teachings. His mercy is the mighty healer, even to the wounded innocent...A testimony of the hope of redemption is something which cannot be measured or counted. Jesus Christ is the source of that hope."

I echo the sentiments of Brother Packer. I am not perfect, though I strive to improve, repent, serve others, love my neighbor, and so forth. Jesus is my light, my hope, my peace, my healer, my redeemer...if not for His promises of beautiful eternal life and peace, what would be the point of life's struggles? Even if some want to dismiss my love for my Savior, Jesus Christ, He never will put me aside. He is my treasure. I pray that all may know of this joy and peace that I have been blessed to learn.