"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

can't name but feel deeply

"The greatest single lesson we can learn in mortality is that when God speaks and His children obey, they will always be right. It has been said that history turns on small hinges, and so do our lives. Decisions determine destiny. But we are not left unaided in our decisions. If you want to see the light of heaven, if you want to feel the inspiration of Almighty God, if you want to have that feeling within your bosom that your Heavenly Father is guiding you, then follow the prophets of God. When you follow the prophets, you will be in safe territory," Thomas S. Monson, Ensign, January 2015.

All through the scriptures, which contain the words of God's ancient prophets. These provide a user's manual for happiness, good will toward all men, and true peace on earth. They also tell us to pray always, serve others, declare the God's word, and worship Him formally (at church/temple) and informally (every waking moment).

Some think this means if we follow God and listen to His prophets that life will be perfect and without trials. Perhaps that mistaken idea is one reason God tells us to feast upon the scriptures. Alma 10:14, 2 Corinthians 8:2, Hebrews 11:36, Job 9:23, Ezekiel 21:13, 1 Peter 4:12 are but a few references that speak of the faithful during tribulation. sometimes I joke that I'd appreciate a vacation from trials for a time, but (yikes) I don't really mean that. I know the hardships of my life have helped me grow into something more.

Yesterday, I visited a dear lady, dying from Alzheimer's. She had been a great lady, following the prophets and serving the Lord with her husband for decades. Now, as she awaits that final breath, she is but a shell. Her understanding is not more than a child of two. So I told her how much Jesus and Heavenly Father love her, how much I love her. Then I looked into her eyes to find some spark. It was there. She smiled with her beautiful eyes before the clouds returned. What does such a woman still have to learn? I know she taught me something I can't name but feel very deeply.