"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Monday, October 5, 2015

so I sing

Praying For...Claire, a sweet six-year-old granddaughter, that she will have a wonderful childhood and grow into a faithful, happy woman. That people around the world will retrench, going back to virtue and values we are loosing so fast it makes my head spin.

Ponderizations...This is a new word and idea taught by Devin G. Durrant, which I want to incorporate into my life for the next 20 years if I live that long. "Let thy bowels also be full of charity towards all men, and to the household of faith, and let virtue garnish thy thoughts unceasingly; then shall thy confidence wax strong in the presence of God; and the doctrine of the priesthood shall distill upon thy soul as the dews from heaven," Doctrine and Covenants 121:45 will be my first attempt to ponderize.

Cucina Fresca...I made a wonderful discovery. Polenta is easy and quick when cooked in a microwave. It's deliciousness no longer requires long cooking or spatter burns. I put 1/4 c polenta and 1 c water in a bowl, microwave for 6 minutes, and enjoy with maple syrup and fruit for breakfast. In the evening I eat it with Marinara or mushrooms and greens. 1/4 c dry polenta has 120ish, very filling calories and no wheat contamination. Last week I ate a bean burro at my favorite restaurant. Because I've been a customer for 45 years, I rationalized the medical no-no. They are moving from the decades long location near my grandmother's old home to a nicer part of town. Because an era has ended, my party mood got the better of my good judgement. After all it was just a flour tortilla. Anyway, every joint in my body is inflamed and screaming. Sure wish I had been more sensible. Anyway, corn is a safer bet than oats for my breakfast, since wheat doesn't usually invade corn fields as it does oat fields.

Bibliophilia...Sent Claire B is for Betsy, story of a little girl named Betsy and her experiences in first grade. Written in 1939, it's nothing flashy but a fun and happy story for a sweet little girl about a sweet little girl. I'm not reading anything new at present.

Sound of Music...I so love to make music. Right now I can't play, so I sing hymns to myself and God.

God's Word...General Conference this weekend was a spiritual feast. I can't get enough of the Good Word. Listening to the sermons, I heard many prayer questions answered.