"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Monday, November 2, 2015

the stress is gone

Praying For...Oakley...that she will be inspired to make choices that lead her to great faith, meaningful relationships, lifelong learning, excellent health, and true joy...for peace, health, and well-being for the children of the world...

Bibliophilia...sent Oakley the first Bobbsey Twins book, which Emily loved at her age. Sadly, like most children's books, I didn't read it until I read it along with my daughter. Books weren't a big part of my life until around age 13.

Garden Gate...we got 13 new moringas to provide shade, drumsticks, and greens. Most of them are planted along the fence on the north of our yard. Moringa is very tasty and nutritious as well as easy to grow in my zone 9. I believe it is the answer to malnutrition around the world, as most malnutrition occurs in places were this plant will grow with little care. Our yard crew dug the holes, since I can no longer do that sort of work.

Cucina Fresca...Pintos with Moringa

1 c dried pintos, soaked and cooked until tender
1 c morninga leaves
1 c minced cilantro
1 small onion, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 roma tomatoes, minced
1 portabella mushroom, minced
1 serrano pepper, minced
2 yellow potatoes, diced
salt and pepper to taste

In a small frying pan, dry-fry onions on high heat until they sizzle and begin to turn brown. Add mushrooms, tomatoes, garlic, and serrano pepper. Keep cooking until everything releases juice. Turn down and cook over medium, adding water now and then to keep it from sticking. When onions are broken down and mushrooms are brown, deglaze pan with more water. Add this and potatoes to beans and simmer until potatoes are soft. Stir in moringa and cilantro. Adjust seasonings. Serve when moringa is just wilted.

Teaching Little Children...I am so glad the head teacher is back. It was way too stressful to be in charge of sooo many children in that environment. The peace and self-direction I'm used to seeing in that a Montessori environment is a bit lacking; the children bicker and need more direction than they should. Since I'm not the director, I'll just sit back and hope they figure out how to make some changes. It really wouldn't take much to guide this crowd of little people to peace. Examples of grace, quiet, courtesy, and so forth always work in a Montessori environment. Hopefully, they will get the message I sent along with a link for this song.