"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

boggle

This morning I began reading Fire in the Bones: William Tyndale--Martyr, Father of the English Bible. Years ago, I and my high school students studied his life during our study of Medieval History. O'Dell's The Hawk That Dare Not Hunt By Day as well as Coffin's Story of Liberty enlightened us in such a way we can never forget the contribution of Tyndale and others in the pursuit of liberty around the world. Maybe this work won't give any more insight, but I highly enjoy the inspiring nature of history of this sort.

So far, I've only read the first chapter. Bringing to life the plight of ordinary people in 1500s, I can tell this will at least rekindle my love of history. How did I miss that ordinary people were burned at the stake for teaching their own children scripture in the English language? How is it possible that such events occurred at all? I'm a spoiled American indeed, taking for granted religious liberty and the ease of obtaining my own English bible...plus any other book I care to read. These are true marvels. How is it I'm so blessed to live at this time in this place with these freedoms? It boggles the mind.