"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Saturday, January 2, 2016

chased it out

"When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side." Matthew 13:19.

"For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little," Isaiah 28:10.

"Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise," John 5:19.

This week I studied It’s Never Too Early and It’s Never Too Late By Bradley D. Foster which was both devastating and hopeful. With my oldest children, I failed although I worked and tried. However, I didn't understand that I chose the adversary's method of force along with all the time, teaching, and sacrifice I gave them. Jesus is ever gentle, charitable, and inviting. I guess my words and testimony went in one ear and out the other of a couple of my dear children. It's as if the yelling chased the time, teaching, loving, and sacrifice right out of their memories.

Here is the hope I find from this talk. "I know I can’t turn back time, but this I now know—that it’s never too early and it’s never too late to lead, guide, and walk beside our children, because families are forever. I can't be like Pablo's father in Brother Foster's anecdote, but I can continue a little activity I started years ago. I imagine myself at the age of a child or grandchild. Then I write fun, newsy letters with a bit of gospel advice attached to a reminiscence or recent experience. AND I pray and pray and pray for the one who gets my letter that week. Of course I pray for each one of them every day, but I make a strong focus of the child or grandchild during their week. God will hear and answer my prayers. Maybe He will intervene and undo the damage I did during my misguided parenting tenure.