"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Sunday, September 18, 2011

tender mercies

Celebration...tender mercies of God...

Praying For...peace, happiness, protection, and joy for Oakley and Nikki...to direct the paths of leaders of nations...to provide safety and necessities for orphans and poor families everywhere...

Scripture Meditations..."And whosoever among you are sick, and have not faith to be healed, but believe, shall be nourished with all tenderness, with herbs and mild food, and that not by the hand of an enemy." Doctrine and Covenants 42:43 Herbs (meaning plant foods and medicinal plants), mild food (meaning the mucusless diet), and faith are the keys to good health.

Commitment to Health and Deliciousness...this delicious tomato salad is haunting me.

Insalata di Pomodoro

4 firm roma tomatoes, finely diced

2 T. fresh basil, minced

2 cloves garlic, pressed

2 t. sun-dried tomatoes, minced

2 T. parsley, minced

2 t. teaspoon balsamic vinegar

a few drops of extra virgin olive oil for flavor

4 c. finely chopped romaine lettuce

several whole basil leaves

1/4 c. finely chopped arugula


Mix the first 7 ingredients to make a sort of salsa.  Toss greens. Top with salsa. Garnish with a couple whole basil leaves and a few twists of black pepper.

Commitment to Movement...walking and stretching each day plus I moved furniture a couple days this week...

Commitment to Homemaking...we went to PHX for the specific reasons of checking on the restoration and picking up my violin...the trip wore me out, but as our time there passed, I felt stronger and stronger...after the restoration job the guest bath was a huge mess, and I spent about an hour getting it cleaned up...dejunking and scrubbing walls really wore me out, but the feeling of satisfaction is wonderful...additionally, an orderly environment breeds an orderly mind and happy spirit...

Commitment to Modesty...I am loving longer skirts now...I have a couple and hope to make a few more soon...Joseph bought me an alpaca shawl and sweater in Boulder City...

Commitment to Loveliness...still debating over Hair One and Wen...I can't get over how much dejunking makes a place look lovely...I was so happy to come home after working hard for two days in AZ to see my UT home is great shape. Spencer learned well...funny, when I texted him we were on our way home, he said it might be a bit messy. Apparently, he and his friends made a blanket tent. I told him that certainly 7 hours was enough time to fold up the blankets and vacuum the room. He complied and did a fantastic job.

From My Pen...wrote a new chapter for DDC~6th Day this week for my accelerated scholars; anatomy, physiology, and nutrition are by far my favorite subjects in science. Still chunking away at my other books and loving it. While I am in the midst of about writing chemistry or geology or personal finance or economics or ethics or grammar or composition or art history or ancient history or or or, I get so caught up that I think it is my very favorite subject and it is for that couple hours. Then I move on to something else and it is my favorite.

Mentoring...I love working with young adults. This week some of my old scholars amazed me with their progress. A couple others seem to be having a difficult time getting back into studies. Summer vacation is the nemesis of scholarly pursuits. Some of my newbies are the cutest every. They are so enthusiastic. Even though it is sometimes very difficult time-wise, working with young people keeps me young.

The Dispensary...I can't believe what a difference a week makes, when I do what I've been instructed to do. My herbs and mild food have all but knocked out the effects of my gluten indiscretions. Gluten and grain allergies are nothing to fool with, which I realize now. Of course it will take some time to heal my interior, but at least now I know what to avoid. I'm going to make some Super Tonic, which is a great preventative and treatment for pathogens that cause cold and flu: 1 part chopped onion, 1 part copped garlic, 1 part grated ginger root, 1 part fresh grated horseradish, 1 part chopped hot peppers, and 1 part dried echinacea in a jar of Bragg's apple cider vinegar. Close the jar and shake every day for 14 days. Strain and store in dark bottles.

Sound of Music...as soon as I'm done writing this journal entry, I'm going in the living room to play and play. I love playing the violin as long as nobody can hear my clinkers except Joseph. 

Bee Buzz...It's the time of year, when we need to extract and reduce hive size.

Garden Gate...for the first time ever, our apple harvest looks great. I pruned the apple tree this spring, after we had it professionally done last year. The apples are ripening nicely and should make great sauce. We have peaches this year, which will likely get eaten up this week and frozen for winter smoothies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading the scriptures and keeping this journal are my delight. I do not keep an online journal to preach to anyone but myself. I like this format, because I can add pictures and correct my writing easier. If you enjoy reading it, I am happy. If you feel offended, please, realize it is not my intention to offend but to teach myself. No negative comments will not be published.