"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Friday, September 16, 2011

then sings my soul

Yes, my life-long friend is back and never sounded better. It took a lot of patience and persistence on the part of the violin maker, Sally Taniguchi, to fix the awful 'repair' mess done 6 years ago in Cedar City. The guy actually used super glue on both violin face and bow frog. The frog could not be saved, but the face cracks were stopped with her proper care. I just can't believe how good my old friend sounds with new gold label strings, new bridge, new Siberian horse hair, and a face-lift. At the shop, they wanted me to play to make sure everything was to my liking. No way do I play in public or in front of strangers. As the violin maker played,  a heavenly sound flowed around us. Strangely, I brought it home and played with my lack of skill only to hear the same heavenly sound. It's as if my dear friend was sick and is now alive with vibrant health.

So last night, I played and played all the hymns I can remember. I once again felt that sweet feeling, when my spirit sings its prays through my old friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading the scriptures and keeping this journal are my delight. I do not keep an online journal to preach to anyone but myself. I like this format, because I can add pictures and correct my writing easier. If you enjoy reading it, I am happy. If you feel offended, please, realize it is not my intention to offend but to teach myself. No negative comments will not be published.