"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Who could ask for more?

I absolutely love sprouting and micro-farming! In The Sprouting Book, Ann Wigmore said. "I found what I was looking for, and much more--an edible plant food that would grow indoors in any climate and mature in a few days, rather than the 50-130 days required to grow fresh fruits and vegetables. An inexpensive food that would rival red meat and garden produce in nutritional value, would need no processing or preparation, and would be easy to digest, even for people with weak digestion. What I found was sprouted seeds, beans, grains, and nuts."

I love making soy milk and tofu. No, they aren't raw foods, but I don't eat 100% raw. Sure it is way easier to buy them. However, I buy my beans from a trusted source that guarantees they are organic and GMO-free. Soy agrees with me and I love it--a perfect match.

Another thing I love is naturally cultured foods. Full of living microbes that are soooo good for you and lower susceptibility to pathogens and cancer, they enhance digestion and increases vitamin levels of the foods that you use in the culturing process. The Green Smoothie Girl suggested making rejuvalac with quinoa instead of wheat. It is the most delicious rejuvalac I've ever had. Sprouted almond 'cheese' and tempeh are next on my list. Sauerkraut is a long time family favorite as is Kimchi. Now that fall is here with its bouties, I'm going to make some sauerkraut and kimchi this week and the other two in a couple weeks.

Another thing I love is salads of all kinds. This week I have zughetti on my menu, a salad of julienned zucchini, diced tomatoes, diced peppers, basil, parsley, garlic, green onion, and pepper. While writing this little ditty, my friend arrived at my door with homegrown, organic zucchini and tomatoes. How did she know I didn't have quite enough for dinner? I'll take this as one of God's tender mercies and accept this blessing with gratitude.

Oh, and two more things...carrot juice and green smoothies...maybe it's the time I spend making them with my sweet heart. Yes, that's part of it, but I love the smooth sweetness of carrot juice. Green smoothies are wonderfully delicious, too. Right now I'm making them with peaches from my own peach tree...mmmmmm. And I discovered that a tiny chunk of orange peel is divine.

Finally, soups especially bean soups, the ultimate peasant food, makes me smile with anticipation every time I put a pot on. It is especially fun to make in a Sun Oven.

Can you tell I love to eat? Probably, I eat a diet 180 degrees different than yours. But I am happy and healthy and loving life now. Who could ask for more?