"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

dirt delight

After a priesthood blessing, I'm currently pain-free. Additionally, since removing the great and dreadful stress in my life, I actually have the energy to work in my garden. I love it and feel hope for the first time in months.

Yesterday, we planted a new espalier apple. Today, I finished cleaning the bed and will plant strawberries, chamomile, grape tomatoes, peppers, and eggplant in that bed between the perennials. Joseph reached into the bed to pull out a couple old terra cotta pots. I stopped him saying I liked their skewed placement and intend to plant them with petunias, pansies, and alyssum just as they are.

Today, I discovered something cool, which gave me quite an epiphany. While cleaning out a strawberry/blue berry bed and noticed a volunteer red leaf lettuce. Hmmmm....I now have a great place to plant my greens and peas that I never considered before. It is hard to grow greens and peas here, because our spring is nearly non-existent. This spot is usually shady except for a couple hours in the evening. I guess I'll be transplanting my green starts tomorrow.

Finally, for the first time in 6 years our lilacs didn't get frozen out. They bloomed beautifully. I might upload some pics later.