"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Have Project, Will Travel

Ecclesiastes 3:7 "A time to rend, and a time to sew..."

Doctrine and Covenants 42:40 "...their beauty the beauty of the work of thine own hands"

It's time to retire our white damask table napkins. Stained and greyed, they don't present a happy face at our table. Plus, they are polyester, which isn't very absorbable. With 1 1/4 yards of homespun, cotton 1/8 gingham in tan and burgundy, I'll make 9 new ones that won't show stains and will be soft to the touch. I'll probably hem them with a blind hem stitch and embellish the corner with chicken scratch heart pattern below.

I have a little blue velvet drawstring bag with a fuchsia ribbon pull to carry my hand sewing projects, when I travel. Inside is a tiny pair of gingher scissors, pin cushion, needle case, embroidery hoop, threads, and room for a little project. The softness of the velvet is so inviting.